Where to go tenting in Spain, the place to seek out chalets in probably the most stunning places and the out of doors actions you don’t need to miss on a vacation… or an extended keep.
Beaches, enjoyable, locations wealthy in historical past and tradition, scrumptious meals and drinks, landscapes of gorgeous pure magnificence… Sounds too good to be true? That’s what awaits you on an open-air vacation in Spain and, on this article, we’ll show it! We’ll additionally provide you with all the data you want to organise your keep in Spain, regardless of the season, regardless of the size of keep.
Why tenting in Spain?
Are you contemplating a vacation in Spain? Here’s why it’s a terrific concept:
- Climate: Spain has a terrific local weather all 12 months spherical, excellent for profiting from the nice outside and actually dwelling life within the open air.
- Variety: Spain is culturally wealthy and has a terrific number of surroundings and actions, so it has locations to swimsuit each style.
- Good highway situations: it’s straightforward to get round on the highway in Spain, even with motorhomes and caravans, each on the coast and inland. There are additionally good aircraft and bus hyperlinks.
- Well-equipped campsites and resorts: most Spanish campsites and open-air resorts are very fashionable, with each conventional tenting and self-catering lodging choices, in addition to amenities for households, pets, and many others.
- Costs: particularly in excessive season, the price of a vacation in Spain could be increased than you may count on. But by selecting to remain at a campsite, even in self-catering lodging, you’ll be able to simply get pleasure from a low-cost journey.
Wild tenting in Spain: is it attainable?
Wild tenting is unlawful in Spain, though there are gray areas within the laws, which differ from area to area. In normal, it’s permitted for campers and autos to remain in a single day in automotive parks or relaxation areas, for the needs of relaxation earlier than driving once more and to keep away from harmful conditions on the highway. In such instances, nonetheless, the principles of respect and customary sense all the time apply: restrict your self to utilizing the house of the motor dwelling – don’t draw consideration to your self by organising chairs, tables and barbecues outdoors.
The legislation is utilized fairly strictly and fines are hefty, significantly in nationwide park areas, close to seashores and in crowded centres, and particularly in excessive season. So if you happen to actually need to expertise the fun of untamed tenting, your greatest wager can be quiet rural areas through the off-season – however keep in mind that it may nonetheless be a threat and take into account a pitch at a campsite as a substitute.
Best time to go tenting in Spain
Spain is a superb vacation spot for tenting, or staying in a chalet in an open-air resort, in any season, relying on which areas you intend to go to.
- A tenting vacation in Andalusia is a superb concept all 12 months spherical, however it may be super-hot in summer season and chances are you’ll discover the temperatures extra nice and locations much less crowded in autumn and spring.
- Galicia and Asturias, within the north and on the west coast, lend themselves extra to a summer season vacation as it may be wet there in different seasons. These northern coast provinces are particularly nice spots for surfers and, after all walkers, with the Camino de Santiago operating by way of each.
- The east coast between Barcelona, Valencia and Aragon is at its greatest climate-wise from May to September.
Best locations in Spain for an open-air vacation
With its unbelievable number of cultures and ecosystems, an entire 12 months can be too quick to get to know Spain correctly! So, for a shorter journey, we suggest that you simply select two or three areas, relying on what you need you need to spend your time doing and what are most interested by.
Here are our picks for the most effective locations in Spain.
Andalusia tenting: tapas, flamenco, seashore and millennia of historical past
Andalusia enchants with its kaleidoscope of atmospheres and cultures.
- Visit Seville, amidst tapas and flamenco reveals.
- Immerse your self within the magic of the Alhambra within the centre of Granada, one of many nation’s most iconic and picturesque architectural complexes.
- Explore Cordoba‘s Mezquita, a labyrinth of columns where millennia-old religious traditions intertwine.
- Relax on the coast of Malaga, the birthplace of Pablo Picasso, and dive into the crystal-clear waters of Marbella.
- For adventure, conquer the snow-capped peaks of the Sierra Morena and explore the wildlife-rich marshes of the Parque Nacional de Doñana.
Valencia camping: paella, sea and mountains
A camping holiday in the Valencia region is possible all year round, thanks to the Southern Mediterranean climate. Start with the famous city of Valencia, where you should spend at least a couple of days visiting the historic centre and the futuristic Science City complex, and enjoying delicious giant paellas (the regional specialty) accompanied by a good sangria in one of the traditional restaurants.
Then, you can move on to the Costa Blanca if you want a beach and relaxation holiday, or to the mountainous nature reserves of Sierra de la Mariola or Sierra Calderona, if you’re searching for surroundings and strolling.
Camping in Aragon: structure and nature off the crushed monitor
Choose a campsite in Aragon for a vacation off the crushed monitor. Discover the Moorish-style Mudejar structure of the capital Zaragoza, earlier than shifting on to the medieval city of Albarracin, perched on cliffs and wealthy in archaeological websites.
After a number of days within the metropolis, immerse your self within the unspoilt great thing about the Pyrenees: discover Ordesa Park, nestled between valleys dotted with waterfalls and rivers, excellent to flee the crowds and be at one with nature.
Asturias feels genuine and pure and also you’ll return refreshed from a keep right here.
Take a visit alongside the coast, stopping off within the numerous fishing villages (we suggest Cudillero particularly) or attempting to find unspoilt rocky seashores corresponding to Playa del Silencio or Gulpiyuri. Or, select to go to conventional Asturian craft villages corresponding to Grandas de Salime and Taramundi, throughout the Oscos Biosphere Reserve.
Finally, go to the elegant capital Oviedo, the place you’ll be able to wander the engaging metropolis and admire the artwork of famend painters corresponding to Dalí, Picasso and Miró.
Castile and Leon tenting: historical past, biodiversity and mountaineering
For a dynamic sports activities vacation, select a camp website in Castile and Leon. The Picos de Europa National Park presents the proper backdrop for mountaineering, climbing, mountain biking and canoeing: plan on spending not less than 3-4 days right here if you wish to uncover completely different trails and check out completely different sports activities – in any other case you may go away upset, as there’s a lot to do.
Then add a cease within the three well-known UNESCO World Heritage cities of Ávila, Salamanca and Segovia, pearls of Renaissance Spain the place each step is a historical past lesson.
Madrid tenting: tradition, nightlife, artwork and modernity
If that is your first time in Spain, embrace a number of of days in Madrid in your itinerary. The capital deserves not less than 3-4 days for the principle sights alone: the artwork museums (Prado and Reina Sofía above all), the Royal Palace and Plaza Mayor, the Gran Vía and Retiro Park. Take a break in one of many attribute cafés within the centre and uncover town’s nightlife, having fun with tapas in typical taverns.
For a superb night time’s sleep, select lodging at a campsite simply outdoors town, maybe round Aranjuez or Alcalá de Henares, which have good prepare hyperlinks to town centre and are additionally good beginning factors for visiting different areas.
Camping in Galicia: Santiago de Compostela and the poetry of the Atlantic
A tenting vacation in Galicia is the proper alternative if you’re searching for spectacular ocean views. Plan an itinerary alongside the coast with breath-taking cliff walks and fairly seaside villages and cities corresponding to La Coruña or Vigo. Visit the world-famous Santiago de Compostela, the tip level of the Camino of the identical title, and don’t miss UNESCO heritage websites such because the Tower of Hercules.
Camping holidays in Spain: helpful suggestions
Now that we have now mentioned when and the place to go, let’s check out all the sensible features that it’s best to take into account when organising a vacation in Spain.
How a lot does it value to go tenting in Spain?
Spain is not the most affordable nation in Europe to vacation in, because of its recognition however, as all the time, there are methods to keep in Spain on a finances. Staying at a campsite, in a cellular dwelling or – even cheaper – in a tent, generally is a good possibility. You can discover the most effective costs in off-season, or if you happen to guide nicely upfront, or regulate our particular presents pages (up to date month-to-month).
What are the campsites like in Spain?
As all the time, it is dependent upon the variety of stars, the worth and the placement however, usually, campsites in Spain are well-equipped, with a variety of providers corresponding to swimming pool, eating places, children’ golf equipment and typically guided excursions. Campsites in coastal areas are usually probably the most luxurious, whereas in some inland areas you’ll have to accept one thing extra rustic (or perhaps that’s simply what you’re searching for!).
What are the roads like in Spain?
Spanish roads are principally in excellent situation. Like in France, Italy and different European nations, the entire nation is linked by toll motorways, referred to as autopistas, and free state roads or autovias, which each can help you journey shortly and simply between the nation’s major locations.
Watch out for pace limits in city centres, the place the restrict is 30 km/h on twin carriageways and 50 km/h on four-lane roads. On motorways, the bounds are 120 km/h for autos of lower than 3.5 tonnes and 90 km/h for heavier autos.
We hope we have now made you need to journey to the land of flamenco and sangria! All that’s left to do is to plan your excellent itinerary, guide the campsites in Spain that greatest fit your wants and set off in your Spanish journey!