- Leading as much as the naming ceremony for MSC Seascape in New York iconic actress Sophia Loren shares her favourite locations for immersive experiences and distinctive tradition
- MSC Cruises provides company the chance to discover Sophia Loren’s high locations with itineraries that sail world wide
COURTESY MSC Cruises: Geneva, Switzerland – October 20, 2022 – The iconic actress Sophia Loren is the celebrated godmother for the MSC Cruises fleet in a relationship that spans almost 20 years and the internationally famend film star embodies the core essence of MSC Cruises together with her European fashion and glamour. As one of many best feminine stars of Classic Hollywood cinema, Sophia Loren has visited a number of the world’s most famous locations and has a ardour for journey. Leading as much as the launch of MSC Seascape in New York City, the award-winning actress is sharing a listing of her favourite stylish locations that she has visited through the years.
Sophia Loren commented: “Throughout my life I have had the privilege of visiting some of the most beautiful places in the world, so it was hard to pick just a few that top the list. What makes these destinations so special are the unique experiences I have had in each one, from naming a glamorous cruise ship to creating special memories with my family. For me, traveling is all about experiencing new people and places and, in turn, discovering yourself all over again. Each of these destinations provide a chic atmosphere to unwind, relax and truly immerse yourself in a new place and its unique culture.”
MSC Cruises provides a really international expertise and this winter will provide 21 trendy ships crusing to greater than 190 of the world’s most sought-after locations throughout 85 completely different nations, together with Sophia Loren’s must-visit locations. From cosmopolitan cities to cities seeped in tradition and historical past or tropical oases, her high locations to go to embrace:
- New York City: Full of vitality, vibrant lights and famend landmarks, New York City is stuffed with experiences for each kind of traveler. On 7 December 2022, Loren will identify MSC Seascape whereas docked in Manhattan, making it the fleet’s first ship to be launched in “the city that never sleeps”. The ceremony will replicate MSC Cruises’ dedication to the North American cruise market as subsequent 12 months MSC Meraviglia will homeport within the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal starting April 2023.
Recommended Itinerary: 10-night Canada & New England itinerary on MSC Meraviglia
- Barcelona, Spain: This beloved vacation spot was the backdrop of the naming ceremony for MSC Splendida in 2009 and the spot for a lot of of Sophia Loren’s holidays all through the years. With vibrant metropolis life, world-class artwork museums and designer eating places, bars, galleries and outlets, it’s no marvel this metropolis is without doubt one of the Hollywood icon’s high stylish locations. Guests can go to this energetic spot on one among MSC Cruises’ widespread Mediterranean itineraries.
Recommended Itinerary: 7-night Mediterranean Cruise onboard MSC Grandiosa
- The Caribbean: Home to pristine white sandy seashores, turquoise waters and MSC Cruises’ very personal non-public island, Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve, the Caribbean is the proper spot for a soothing escape. In 2021, MSC Cruises and Sophia Loren named MSC Seashore at Ocean Cay, marking the official opening of the island. The distinctive non-public island vacation spot and marine reserve was designed as part of the cruise line’s dedication to the setting. The pure fantastic thing about the Caribbean makes this one of many actresses’ favourite locations. MSC Cruises will provide sailings to Ocean Cay and the Caribbean onboard its latest ship, MSC Seascape, beginning December 2022.
Recommended Itinerary: 7-night Caribbean & Bahamas Cruise onboard MSC Seascape
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates: With the tallest buildings on the planet, probably the most luxurious resorts and the boldest structure that coexists with historic palaces, Dubai is a vacation spot filled with enchanted experiences and astounding views. In 2021, Dubai was the gorgeous backdrop for the naming ceremony of MSC Virtuosa, the place Godmother Sophia Loren lower the ribbon welcoming company to the ship.
Recommended Itinerary: 7-night Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Qatar itinerary on MSC World Europa
- The Greek Islands: With a wealthy historic and cultural heritage mixed awe-inspiring landscapes and improbable seashores of lengthy stretches of white sand to tiny bays and hidden coves, the Greek Islands are universally acknowledged as must-visit locations. Sophia Loren introduced fame to the island of Hydra within the 1950’s the place she fell in love with the fantastic thing about Greece while on a movie set.
Recommended Itinerary: 6- or 7-night Mediterranean itinerary on MSC Armonia
- Copenhagen, Denmark: Another widespread filming spot for the actress, Copenhagen gives an lively and hip waterside vibe with a compact metropolis middle. Café tradition permeates town and top-notch museums await vacationers searching for to find the realm’s distinctive artwork and historical past. Shore excursions on MSC Cruises embrace exploring landscaped gardens, out of doors concert events and exquisite castes. Guests can discover this Sophia Loren favourite with quite a lot of Northern European sailings supplied by the cruise line.
Recommended Itinerary: 7-night Northern Europe itinerary on MSC Fantasia
- Naples, Italy: Sophia Loren has fond reminiscences of rising up in Naples, Italy. The vacation spot is residence to a bustling Mediterranean port with quite a lot of distinctive spots ready to be found. From historic streets to energetic quarters, Italian tradition will be discovered round each nook of the celebrated actress’ hometown. MSC Cruises’ Mediterranean itineraries provide excursions to Pompeii—one among Campania’s most vital industrial facilities and the location of the eruption of Mount Vesuvius.
Recommended Itinerary: 6- or 7-night Mediterranean Cruise on MSC Bellissima
# # #
About MSC Cruises
MSC Cruises is the world’s third largest cruise model in addition to the chief in Europe, South America, the Gulf area and Southern Africa, with extra market share along with deployed capability than some other participant. It can be the quickest rising international cruise model with a robust presence within the Caribbean, North America and the Far East markets.
Headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, MSC Cruises is without doubt one of the two manufacturers that sit inside the Cruise Division of MSC Group, the main privately held Swiss-based delivery and logistics conglomerate with over 300 years of maritime heritage. MSC Cruises – the modern model – has a contemporary fleet of 19 vessels mixed with a sizeable future international funding portfolio of recent vessels. The fleet is projected to develop to 23 cruise ships by 2025, with choices for six extra vessel orders in place by means of 2030.
MSC Cruises provides its company an enriching, immersive and protected cruise expertise impressed by the Company’s European heritage, the place they’ll get pleasure from worldwide eating, world-class leisure, award-winning household applications, and the very newest user-friendly expertise on board.
The Company’s primary precedence has at all times been the well being and security of its company and crew, in addition to the communities on the locations its ships serve. In August 2020, MSC Cruises carried out a brand new complete and sturdy well being and security protocol to turn into the primary main line to return to sea.
MSC Cruises has lengthy been dedicated to environmental stewardship, with a long-term aim to realize web zero emissions for its operations by 2050. The Company can be a big investor in next-generation environmental marine applied sciences, with the target to assist their accelerated growth and availability industry-wide.